Registration and Enrollment Overview:
Assignment is based on the attendance zone in which the student's parent/guardian is domiciled. There are options for making an application to attend a school outside of your assigned district.
Age of Attendance:
State law beginning with the 2009-2010 school year mandates a student entering kindergarten must be 5 years old on or before August 31. Information concerning early admissions can be obtained by calling the principal at the school in the district in which you are domiciled.
Upcoming kindergarten students are invited to attend special open houses and events in the spring, before they begin school in the fall. Information about these events and registration may be obtained by calling the school in your attendance district.
What to Bring to Enroll Students:
- Proof of residency in the form of tax statement, rental or lease agreement, dated residence contract, or current utility bill.
- Picture ID
- Certified copy of the child's birth certificate (not "Mother's Copy")
- Up-to-date immunization records
- Custody documentation (if applicable)
- Previous school withdrawal form and a copy of the most recent report card and school transcript (if available).
For more detailed information, please click here to visit the Enrollment and Registration page at Craven County Schools.