• Enrollment/Registration

    Welcome to Craven County Schools! We are excited to have you join our district. As a district we welcome all students regardless of race, color, creed, sex, religion, national origin or disabling condition who live within the boundaries of the Craven County School district and meet state age and health requirements.

    Please use this page to complete the enrollment/registration process for your child(ren) to enroll and attend Craven County Schools. Parents/Guardians are required to complete the enrollment/registration of any child using the online registration system. Once you have finished the online registration process you will need to visit your child’s school to complete the enrollment/registration process and for your child to begin school.

    To help you with the enrollment/registration process please use this Check List to ensure you complete all necessary steps.

    At any time if you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact Craven County Schools at 252-514-6300 or the school your child(ren) is to attend.


    Please click on the link to begin the registration process 

    2020-2021 New Student Registration (English)

    2020-2021 New Student Registration (Spanish)



     Assignment Policy

    Each Student enrolled in Craven County Schools is assigned to the school of his/her grade level serving the attendance zone in which that student’s parent/legal guardian is domiciled.  ( Ref: Policy 4150)


    Determining School Assignment Districts

    Information on school assignment districts can be obtained by calling Craven County Schools Central Office at 252-514-6300 or you may visit our District website at www.cravenk12.org.  You will need to provide an exact street address to determine which school your child will attend.


    Enrollment of a child under false documents subjects the person to liability for tuition or other costs. In case where incorrect information is provided, the Board of Education reserves the right to immediately transfer the student to his/her appropriate school.



    Families that lack a fixed, regular and adequate nighttime residence may qualify for special services.  If you or a family that you know are currently living in a motel, shelter, doubling up with others due to economic hardship, or have other similar living situations, please contact the school counselor at the school where the child attends or the district homeless liaison, Debbie Hodges, at 252 514-6341 or email debbie.hodges@cravenk12.org.

    The State Coordinator for the Homeless Education Program is Lisa Phillips and she can be reached at 336-315-7491.

    The website for the North Carolina Homeless Education Program is https://hepnc.uncg.edu/

    Information for Homeless School Aged Youth

    Information for Homeless Parents 

    College Guide for Students Experiencing Homelessness

     If you qualify as "homeless" under the McKinney-Vento Act, you are entitled to certain things.  

    • You automatically qualify for free lunch.  
    • You have the right to continue to attend your current school even if you are staying somewhere else temporarily with transportation provided.  
    • You are able to enroll in school even if you are not able to produce all of the required documents.  
    • Your child is able to participate in any school program or activity in which other children are able to participate.  
    • Your school may be able to provide other services and supplies needed for school free of charge.


    To finalize your child's enrollment

    Please bring the following to the school:

    • Copy of current photo ID or driver’s license of the legal guardian
    • Certified copy of child’s birth certificate
    • Proof of Residence (Examples below)
      • Copy of the mortgage document or copy of deed to property which indicates the street or road address of the property or a copy of the residential lease showing street or road address
      • Copy of a current utility bill in the name of the parent showing residence address (electric, gas, water or cable)
    • Legal custody documentation papers (if applicable)
    • Health Immunization records
    • NC Health Assessment (for Kindergarten & first-time enrollee – forms are located on district website under Health forms)
    • Homeschool documentation (if child was homeschooled prior to entering public schools)
    • A current Report Card or Transcript (high school)  for your child, if available
    • Withdrawal form from the previous school