Welcome to Craven County Schools! We are excited to have you join our district. As a district we welcome all students regardless of race, color, creed, sex, religion, national origin or disabling condition who live within the boundaries of the Craven County School district and meet state age and health requirements.
Please use this page to complete the enrollment/registration process for your child(ren) to enroll and attend Craven County Schools. Parents/Guardians are required to complete the enrollment/registration of any child using the online registration system. Once you have finished the online registration process you will need to visit your child’s school to complete the enrollment/registration process and for your child to begin school.
To help you with the enrollment/registration process please use this Check List to ensure you complete all necessary steps.
Children must be five (5) years old on or before August 31 of the year they will enter kindergarten. If a child’s fifth birth date falls on or after September 1 the child is not eligible to enroll. Guidelines for Early Entry into Kindergarten can be found here.
Please click on the link to begin the registration process
2020-2021 New Student Registration (English)
2020-2021 New Student Registration (Espanol)
Each Student enrolled in Craven County Schools is assigned to the school of his/her grade level serving the attendance zone in which that student’s parent/legal guardian is domiciled. ( Ref: Policy 4150)
Determining School Assignment Districts
Information on school assignment districts can be obtained using the School District Lookup Maps here. If you have additional questions, please call Craven County Schools Central Office and ask for Mrs. Debbie Hodges, Director of Student Services (Debbie.Hodges@cravenk12.org) 252-514-6300. You will need to provide an exact street address to determine which school your child will attend.
Enrollment of a child under false documents subjects the person to liability for tuition or other costs. In case where incorrect information is provided, the Board of Education reserves the right to immediately transfer the student to his/her appropriate school.
To finalize your child's enrollment
Please bring the following to the school:
- Copy of current photo ID or driver’s license of the legal guardian
- Certified copy of child’s birth certificate
- Proof of Residence (Examples below)
- Copy of the mortgage document or copy of deed to property which indicates the street or road address of the property or a copy of the residential lease showing street or road address
- Copy of a current utility bill in the name of the parent showing residence address (electric, gas, water or cable)
- Legal custody documentation papers (if applicable)
- Health Immunization records
- NC Health Assessment (for Kindergarten & first-time enrollee – forms are located on district website under Health forms)
- Homeschool documentation (if child was homeschooled prior to entering public schools)
- A current Report Card or Transcript (high school) for your child, if available
- Withdrawal form from the previous school