Youth Employment Certificate
Any youth under the age of 18 who works in North Carolina for any employer must have a youth employment certificate.
Please call 1-800-625-2267 if you have any questions.
How to Handle Completed Certificates:
- Certificate needs to be signed by the youth, the parent or legal guardian and the employer.
- Completed and signed certificates must be given to the employer on or before the first day of work.
- The employer must verify the youth’s age, proposed job duties and any restrictions noted on the certificate.
- The certificate must be maintained by the employer for two years after employment ends or until age 20, as appropriate.
- It is NOT necessary to mail the completed certificate to the N.C. Department of Labor.
Please use the link below to apply for a work permit: