West Craven Middle School AVID Vision:
West Craven Middle School’s AVID program will close the achievement gap and instill individual determination to ensure that ALL students are college and career ready in a global society.
West Craven Middle School AVID Mission:
West Craven Middle School’s AVID family will raise leaders of our global society through high-yield, data-driven WICOR strategies.
We will continuously build a community that fosters and inspires a positive attitude toward education by equipping students with the skills they need to advocate for themselves and to make meaningful contributions to society.
West Craven Middle School AVID (Parent) PowerPoint Presentation:
Advancement Via Individual Determination which fosters a safe and open culture, high expectations for teachers and students, and collaboration in all classrooms. For one period a day, students receive the additional academic, social, and emotional support that will help them succeed in their school’s most rigorous courses.
AVID Objectives are ….
- Peer Tutoring
- Focused Note-Taking
- Embedded Soft Skills (public speaking, self-advocacy, time management, and organization)
- Higher-Level of Thinking
- Reading and Writing to Lear
Who may participate…..
Students who have the potential and desire to attend college.
- Students who have appropriate classroom behaviors
- Students who have average grades of B’s and C’s
- Students who have good attendance records
- Students who have the individual determination to succeed