West Craven Middle School AVID Vision:
West Craven Middle School’s AVID program will close the achievement gap and instill individual determination to ensure that ALL students are college and career ready in a global society.
West Craven Middle School AVID Mission:
West Craven Middle School’s AVID family will raise leaders of our global society through high yield, data driven WICOR strategies.
We will continuously build a community which fosters and inspires a positive attitude for education by equipping students with skills they need to advocate for themselves and to make meaningful contributions to society.
West Craven Middle School AVID (Parent) PowerPoint Presentation:
Advancement Via Individual Determination which fosters a safe and open culture, high expectations for teachers and students, and collaboration in all classrooms. For one period a day, students receive the additional academic, social, and emotional support that will help them succeed in their school’s most rigorous courses.
AVID Objectives are ….
- Peer Tutoring
- Focused Note-Taking
- Embedded Soft Skills (public speaking, self-advocacy, time management, and organization)
- Higher-Level of Thinking
- Reading and Writing to Lear
Who may participate…..
Students who have the potential and desire to attend college.
- Students who have appropriate classroom behaviors
- Students who have average grades of B’s and C’s
- Students who have good attendance records
- Students who have the individual determination to succeed