The State Employees Credit Union Scholarship application is available.
• Must be a senior at a North Carolina public high school
• Must be an SECU member or is eligible for membership through a parent/guardian
• Must be a United States citizen, a resident of North Carolina, and eligible for in-state tuition
• Must be accepted to attend one of the 16 UNC system universities as a full-time undergraduate
• Must have demonstrated scholastic achievement with a 2.5 or higher unweighted GPA on a 4.0 scale
• Must have demonstrated leadership, excellence of character, integrity and community involvement
• Must file FAFSA as part of the application
The application and supplemental materials are included in the SECU Application folder
Date the full application is due to the counselor
Craven Early College
Early College EAST
Havelock High School
New Bern High School
West Craven High School
Free Application for Federal Student Aid
Don't rule out a 2 or 4 year college because you think you can't afford it. Complete the FAFSA now to be awarded grants and scholarships. Resources are available if you need help with the FAFSA. Call your school counselor and/or visit the Craven Community College links to virtual assistance.
Free, virtual FAFSA assistance to any Latinx student in NC. We hope this can be an additional resource for you and your colleagues as we work together to increase access to higher ed.
- Appointments available at bit.ly/cycFAFSA
- Sundays-Thursdays, February 21 – March 7.
- Evening and Sunday appointments can be in Spanish or English.
- Weekday appointments are in English only
Craven Community College Admissions, Scholarships and FAFSA Seminar for all graduates who will be attending CCC
March 10 (one a month until June) from 1-2 pm and 5-6 pm on Zoom:
The Sallie Mae Fund’s Bridging the Dream Scholarship Program for High School Seniors from minority and other historically underserved communities.
$10,000 scholarship to attend college or a vocational-technical school
Applications are now open through March 8, 2021.
"Going to college is important to me because I know if I further my education, I will get farther in life. To succeed is to believe."
Sallie Mae Bridging the Dream Scholarship winner
Local Scholarships for the class of 2021
Link to the full scholarship list HERE
Alpha Delta Kappa Scholarships: apply by March 1
Eunice Riggins Memorial, The Mary Rose Mills-Linda Rankin Memorial Scholarship,
The Clare Johnson Marley-Mary Earle Berger Fine Arts Scholarship
Amanda Hassell Memorial Scholarship: March 19
Mrs. Toni Blount, MAEd. East Carolina University
District Coordinator of College Advising and Scholarships
P (252) 594-8553
Online office hours available M-Th 8am-4pm Email or call to make an appointment
Class of 2021 Scholarship Strategies
Making the most of scholarship applications (Presentation slides)
CREATE A SCHOLARSHIP PROFILE AND RECEIVE SCHOLARSHIP LINKS
Military Scholar (Scholarship search tool for military families)
The NC Promise Tuition Plan
Affordability at $500 per semester
The NC Promise Tuition Plan reaffirms the state’s commitment to make
the university experience affordable and accessible to all.
Through NC Promise, the state has significantly reduced student tuition cost to
$500 per semester at three UNC system institutions – Elizabeth City State University,
the University of North Carolina at Pembroke, and Western Carolina University.