Degrees and Certifications:
Master of Library Science (MLS) - East Carolina University Master of Arts - British History (MA) - Wake Forest University Bachelor of Arts - Spanish, History & Education (BA) - Francis Marion University North Carolina Teaching Certifications: Spanish 6-9 Spanish 9-12 Social Studies 6-9 Social Studies 9-12 Media Coordinator K-12 Apple Certified Teacher Apple Swift Playgrounds Teacher American Heart Association First Aid CPR AED Certified TCMS First Responder for Football CPhT - Certified Pharmacy Technician
Ms. Victoria E. Woodard
2019 - 2020 School Year
It is my great honor to be a part of the Tucker Creek Middle School family. I am blessed to be sharing my love of the Spanish language and associated cultures with students as part of the exploratory wheel. This class is specifically designed for students who know little or no Spanish (novice level - less than 1 year).
Some of the topics covered include:
* Beginning basic vocabulary terms
* Beginning conversations
* Videos in Spanish (target language)
* Cultures of the various peoples in the Spanish speaking world (including the Aztecs, Inca, and Maya)
* Hispanic geography
* Famous Hispanics - Biographies
* Global awareness and appreciation of diversity and culture - weekly!
* Integration of technology to enhance/augment learning: Keynote, Kahoot, Duolingo, Actively Learn, Internet research & Scavenger hunts, Quizlet & Quizlet Live, Quizizz, etc.
8th Grade Addendum:
These classes are specifically designed to make the transition to Spanish 1 in high school easier with the incorporation of a more rigorous curriculum that encompasses both grammar and tests - written and oral.
(Some 7th grade classes will also begin some preliminary excursions into Spanish grammar.)
Don't miss out of learning when school is not in session!
¡Vamos a aprender ... siempre!
Also check out Duolingo for more opportunities!
Sign up to receive updates and messages about Exploratory Spanish by clicking on the applicable link listed below:
Grading Formula for Success in Exploratory Spanish:
* 50% Participation & Classwork *
* 50% Tests/Exams, Projects & Quizzes *
You may find assigments and other
pertinent information located in Canvas and PowerSchool online.
Bienvenidos a la Clase de Español
Aula # 510
Costa Rica - ¡Pura Vida!
Julio de 2019 cerca de Atenas, Costa Rica
por V. Woodard