General Registration Information

  • Enrollment/Registration

    Welcome to Craven County Schools! We are excited to have you join our district. As a district we welcome all students regardless of race, color, creed, sex, religion, national origin or disabling condition who live within the boundaries of the Craven County School district and meet state age and health requirements.

    Please use this page to complete the enrollment/registration process for your child(ren) to enroll and attend Craven County Schools. Parents/Guardians are required to complete the enrollment/registration of any child using the online registration system. Once you have finished the online registration process you will need to visit your child’s school to complete the enrollment/registration process and for your child to begin school.

    To help you with the enrollment/registration process please use this Check List to ensure you complete all necessary steps.

    Children must be five (5) years old on or before August 31 of the year they will enter kindergarten. If a child’s fifth birth date falls on or after September 1 the child is not eligible to enroll. Guidelines for Early Entry into Kindergarten can be found here.

    At any time if you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact Craven County Schools at 252-514-6300 or the school your child(ren) is to attend.

    Please click on the link to begin the registration process 

    2020-2021 New Student Registration (English)

    2020-2021 New Student Registration (Espanol)


    The Pre-Kindergarten application purpose is to determine the eligibility of your 4-year old for the North Carolina Pre-Kindergarten, Title 1 and/or Head Start Programs offered in Craven County. Parents interested in apply for the Pre-Kindergarten program need to click on the link below and complete the application.

    Please click on the link to begin the Pre-Kindergarten application process

    2020-2021 Pre-K Application

    Assignment Policy

     Each Student enrolled in Craven County Schools is assigned to the school of his/her grade level serving the attendance zone in which that student’s parent/legal guardian is domiciled.  ( Ref: Policy 4150)

    Determining School Assignment Districts

    Information on school assignment districts can be obtained using the School District Lookup Maps here. If you have additional questions, please call Craven County Schools Central Office and ask for Mrs. Debbie Hodges, Director of Student Services ( 252-514-6300. You will need to provide an exact street address to determine which school your child will attend.

     Enrollment of a child under false documents subjects the person to liability for tuition or other costs. In case where incorrect information is provided, the Board of Education reserves the right to immediately transfer the student to his/her appropriate school.

    To finalize your child's enrollment

    Please bring the following to the school:

    • Copy of current photo ID or driver’s license of the legal guardian
    • Certified copy of child’s birth certificate
    • Proof of Residence (Examples below)
      • Copy of the mortgage document or copy of deed to property which indicates the street or road address of the property or a copy of the residential lease showing street or road address
      • Copy of a current utility bill in the name of the parent showing residence address (electric, gas, water or cable)
    • Legal custody documentation papers (if applicable)
    • Health Immunization records
    • NC Health Assessment (for Kindergarten & first-time enrollee – forms are located on district website under Health forms)
    • Homeschool documentation (if child was homeschooled prior to entering public schools)
    • A current Report Card or Transcript (high school)  for your child, if available
    • Withdrawal form from the previous school

Q & A

  • What if I need to leave my child with someone else?

    Posted by:

    You may need to do the Parent Affidavit.  The parent affidavit is used in cases when the parent is going to be deployed, incarcerated or hospitalized for a period of time.  The Parent Affidavit allows the caretaker to make educational decision for the child in the parents absence.  

    Comments (-1)
  • What if I am not the parent and don't have legal custody of the child?

    Posted by:

    You will have to complete a Caretaker Affidavit.  The Caretaker Affidavit is used in the following situations:

    The parent is...




    Mentally or physically unable to care for the child

    Lost their home due to a fire or natural disaster

    The child has been abandoned as proved by the parents' lack of emotional or financial support.


    Notarized statements granting guardianship are not acceptable.  

    Comments (-1)
  • What if the lease or utilities are not in my name?

    Posted by:

    A signed and notarized affidavit is required if you are living in the household with someone and one or both proofs of residence, i.e. property tax record, utility bill, are not in your name.  A picture ID must be presented identifying the person you are living with. Both parties ID must display same address.   You may acquire this form from the Board of Education Central Services or the attending school may have them (please call school for verification due to notaries not located at all schools).  The school may refer to this form as a "doubling up" form. 

    Comments (-1)