NBHS Drivers Ed
The January 2019 class is now open for registration. Saturday opportunity available February.
1. Craven County has contracted with JDS Carolinas to provide classroom and road skills driver's education mandated by the state. The cost per student is $45 - checks or money orders must be made payable to New Bern High School. If paying with cash - exact change will be needed). Students must pay the registration fee on the first day of class or they will lose their seat. Registration for classes must be done by clicking the link above (registration link will be activated on the date listed below). To be eligible, the student's age must be 14 years 6 months on or before the start date of the class (see the class list below).
2. The JDS Carolinas Driver's Education program provides the students with 30 hours of classroom instruction followed up by 6 hours (per student) of Behind The Wheel (BTW) instruction. The process for determining when a student drives is based on their date of birth with the oldest driving first. Driving times are decided by the different instructors. Normally, during school days, driving will be scheduled from 2:30pm-9:00pm and there will be limited openings to drive before school (6:00am-7:30am) and on Saturdays.
3. The current classes for 2019/2020 school year are below. Links for the next session will open prior to the start of the current class. Regular school classes will be in Room 251 from 2:30 to 5:30 PM. Summer times are TBA.
- October 21-25 and 28-November 1 (Competed)
- December 2-6, 9-13 (Closed for Registration)
- January 27-31, Feb 3-7, 2020 (Closed).
- Saturday Classes at Craven Community College- Feb. 1, 8, 15, 22, 29 (Open for Registration) Pay at NBHS or send check to
JDS Carolinas, Inc.
PO Box 143
Vanceboro, NC 28586
- March 23-27, 30- April 3, 2020 (will open January)
- May 4-8, May 11-15, 2020 (will open in March)
- June 22-26, 2020 (will May)
- July 13-17, 2020 (will open in June)
- August 10-14, 2020 (will open in July)
Contact the school site driving coordinator (Mr. Bobby Curlings - firstname.lastname@example.org or 252-671-3847) with questions concerning driver's ed training.
Students who completed the classroom portion at New Bern High last school year and have lost their Certificate of Completion can contact JDS Carolinas by calling (252) 244-1220 or go to their website at JDSCAROLINAS.COM to email them (there is a $10 fee for replacement certificates)