Every FBLA program, service and activity has been designed to achieve one or more of the following organization goals:
- develop competent, aggressive business leadership
- strengthen the confidence of students in themselves and their work
- create more interest in and understanding of American business enterprise
- encourage members in the development of individual projects that contribute to the improvement of home, business and community
- develop character, prepare for useful citizenship and foster patriotism
- encourage and practice efficient money management
- encourage scholarship and promote school loyalty
- assist students in the establishment of occupational goals
- facilitate the transition from school to work
I solemnly promise to uphold the aims and responsibilities of Future Business Leaders of America and, as an active member, I shall strive to develop the qualities necessary in becoming a responsible business leader.
I believe education is the right of every person.
I believe the future depends on mutual understanding and cooperation among business, industry, labor, religious, family and educational institutions, as well as people around the world.
I agree to do my utmost to bring about understanding and cooperation among all of these groups.
I believe every person should prepare for a useful occupation and carry on that occupation in a manner that brings the greatest good to the greatest number.
I believe every person should actively work toward improving social, political, community and family life. I believe every person has the right to earn a living at a useful occupation.
I believe every person should take responsibility for carrying out assigned tasks in a manner that brings credit to self, associates, school and community.
I believe I have the responsibility to work efficiently and to think clearly.
I promise to use my abilities to make the world a better place for everyone.
Code of Ethics
I will be honest and sincere.
I will approach each task with confidence in my ability to perform my work at a high standard.
I will willingly accept responsibilities and duties.
I will seek to profit from my mistakes and take suggestions and criticisms directed toward the improvement of myself and my work.
I will abide by the rules and regulations of my school. I will exercise initiative and responsibility and will cooperate with my employer and fellow workers.
I will dress and act in a manner that will bring respect to me and to my school.
I will seek to improve my community by contributing my efforts and my resources to worthwhile projects.