Eighth Grade ELA/Social Studies Virtual Learning Syllabus
- Find a quiet space, with minimal distractions, before you begin your day.
- Gather all of your supplies that you will need for class.
- Sign into Zoom a few minutes before your scheduled class time! Be sure to be in the Zoom waiting room before class begins.
- Be present for the entire class. Try to avoid any interruptions during our Zoom time.
- All cameras should be on during instructional time. If there is a specific reason that you are unable to use your camera, please email before our Zoom class.
- All microphones should be muted. Only unmute your microphone when you are adding to the class discussion.
- Make sure that you have your chat open. We will do most of our whole-group questions/answers using the chat option.
- Attendance will be taken daily while in Zoom class.
- Attendance will be recorded to Powerschool.
- Assignments for ELA/SS will be listed on the Weekly Playlist.
- Assignments will be posted each Friday, by 3:30, for the following week.
- All assignments from the previous week must be turned in by Monday at 12:01 am of the next week. Per CCS expectation, no work will be accepted after the Monday cut-off.
Assignments posted for Week One (Aug. 17-21)
Assignments posted for Week Two (Aug. 24-28)
Assignments closed for Week One
Grading complete for Week One
Assignments posted for Week 3 (Aug. 31-Sept. 4)
- Lexia completion is a weekly expectation and an ELA grade.
- Students are expected to complete at least seven units of Lexia each week.
Tutoring is available, by appointment, from 3:00-4:00. To make an appointment, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.