The Greenhouse Scholars application is officially open for high school senior leaders! For details on eligibility and the application process, please go to www.greenhousescholars.org/apply. To apply, please go to www.greenhousescholars.fluidreview.com. Applications must be submitted by Dec 17 for consideration.
Greenhouse Scholars' vision is to create a community of leaders who will evolve the communities of the world. We are not a typical scholarship: our unique, Whole Person approach provides personal and professional support, in addition to financial subsidies, during all 4 years of college.
Click on the link for more information: NCSEAA Scholarships
NC Teaching Fellows Scholarship
There are so many career paths, so why pursue the teaching profession? It’s a challenging profession. There are easier pursuits.
Why teaching? Because the pursuit of teaching is the pursuit of excellence. The pursuit of honing a craft and perfecting a science. Because excellent teachers are not just born, they are developed, equipped, and trained. Unlike other professions, success isn’t measured by achieving a sales goal or meeting a deadline. Success in teaching is measured by ensuring the success of others, by changing the course of a life.
The Teaching Fellows program has an important legacy in North Carolina. For decades, it provided a way for the best and brightest in North Carolina to have a place of influence and distinction by elevating them to a vital role — the role of a teacher.
In 2017, the North Carolina General Assembly reestablished Teaching Fellows and specifically designed the program to meet the areas of most need in our State — not just by focusing on special education and STEM fields, but also by prioritizing low-performing schools.
So why Teaching Fellows? Because here in North Carolina, it’s not just about choosing a career that makes a difference, it’s about being equipped and trained to make that difference for the students that need it most.
The need is great. The challenges are real. But so it the opportunity and the reward. The opportunity to ensure that every student in North Carolina receives an excellent education that equips them for success. The reward of changing lives.
Be a part of the legacy. Be a part of a brighter future.
Applicants must meet the following eligibility criteria to be considered for a Teaching Fellows award:
- Be accepted to enroll in an approved educator preparation program leading to initial licensure in an eligible area at one of the five Teaching Fellows partner institutions.
- Be one of the following:
- A North Carolina high school senior
- A student applying to transfer to an educator preparation program at one of the five Teaching Fellows partner institutions
- A student already enrolled at one of the five Teaching Fellows partner institutions who transitions into an educator preparation program
- An individual with a bachelor’s degree pursuing preparation for teacher licensure at one of the five Teaching Fellows partner institutions
- Minimum Academic Requirements:
- High school applicants or applicants with fewer than 24 hours of college credit must have a minimum unweighted high school GPA of 3.0 and have scored at least a 24 on the ACT or a 1,100 on the SAT.
- Applicants with more than 24 hours of college credit must have a minimum of a 2.7 cumulative GPA.
- Be willing to teach in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics) or special education licensure area in a North Carolina public school, traditional or charter.
For more information and to apply go to: https://myapps.northcarolina.edu/ncteachingfellows/
Better Business Bureau Torch Scholarships
The BBB Torch Scholarship program recognizes students who personify high ethical standards as demonstrated through leadership, community service, overall personal integrity, and academic success. Torch Scholarships are awarded to college-bound high school juniors and seniors, and college undergraduates.
Eleven scholarship prizes totaling $20,000 will be offered – one $5,000, two $3,000, one $2,000 and seven $1,000.
To be eligible, students must submit a shirt video giving insight into who they are and what makes them unique, along with an application and transcript. Completed application packets are due by 4:30pm on January 31, 2019.
For more information or to apply online, visit www.bbbscholarship.org
Tideland Electric’s College Scholarship Program
Amount: $1000.00 (eight recipients state wide)
- Graduating senior attending a 4-year university/college or a 2-year community college
- Applicant’s parent or guardian must be a member of Tideland EMC.
Deadline: March 8, 2019
Pick up and applicatio in the counseling office.
African American Network Carolinas Scholarship
Informantion and Application Here