Reading Goals- Kindergarteners are expected to:
- Understand print concepts
- Understand how to hold a book, and the different parts of a book, such as cover and back.
- Understand a story has a beginning, middle, and end
- End kindergarten reading at least on a level C.
- If the children know that their parents and teachers are working together to give them rich academic experiences, they will understand how important their job is in school.
- Children are expected to come to school prepared and on time, dressed appropriately for the weather, ready to learn.
- Parents, encourage your children to do their very best everyday. They need to read nightly and get plenty of sleep. If you have questions or concerns, please contact me.
- I will do my best to provide a rich educational experience for every student. I will differentiate my assignments to provide every student with what they need. I will keep parents informed of their child's progress and give them tools to help their children make as much growth as possible over this academic year.