CLASSROOM RULES AND EXPECTATIONS
The Seven Habits of Happy Kids
by Steven Covey
1. Be Proactive: I am a responsible person. I take initiative. I CHOOSE my attitutdes and moods. I do the right thing, even when no one is looking.
2. Have a Plan: I plan ahead and set goals. I am an important part of my class. I do things that have meaning.
3. Put First Things First: I make my schedule. I study first, then play. I am disciplined and organized.
4. Think Win-Win: I seek a fair solution. I have respect for everybody. I am not a selfish person.
5. Think Before You Speak: I listen to other people's ideas and feelings. I listen with my eyes, ears, and heart. I don't interrupt whenever someone is talking.
6. Synergize: I can co-operate with anyone. I'm a good team player. Being unique is cool. I value other people's differences.
7. Sharpen the Saw: I excercise regularly and eat healthy food. I can learn new things everywhere. I spend time with my family and friends. I keep my body, mind, heart, and soul balanced.
School wide behavior matrix:
1. Follow directions quickly.
2. Raise your hand for permission to speak
3. Raise your hand for permission to leave your seat.
4. Make smart choices.
5. Make your dear teacher happy.
6. You've got this!