This course will introduce students to the world of work. Activities are designed to present the technical nature of today’s world and the expectations of productive workers. Students will increase their self-awareness and learn how to make wise educational and occupational decisions as they plan for careers.
The student will understand:
· interests, attitudes, values, personality, learning styles, and skills.
· how interests, values, and personality influence career choices.
· the world of work and skills needed for employment success
· how to make a career plan for high school and college
Materials and Supplies
· Take responsibility for your own learning.
· Be respectful.
· No food, candy, or gum in the computer lab.
· Remain seated until dismissed by the teacher.
You must have an Acceptable Use Policy form on file giving permission to use the Internet in the classroom and agreement to abide by all County Internet policies.
If work is submitted from home, all files must be saved in a format compatible with Microsoft Office Professional (.docx, .xlsx, .pptx, .accdb) or Adobe (.pdf). Work in other formats cannot be opened for scoring.
Code of Conduct
Classroom/Computer Lab Rules