This course is designed to teach basic skills in:
· Word Processing Advanced Documents: Agendas, Meeting Minutes, Research Projects, Table of Contents.
· Multimedia presentations and techniques and skills needed to make a presentation. Communication skills are a key component.
· Spreadsheets and utilizing formulas for everyday use in the business community and the creation, manipulation of charts, and using advanced features in spreadsheet software.
Emphasis is on daily use of a computer system and appropriate software to provide integrated training through a learn/practice/sustain/assess plan of skill building. Students will use Google docs for obtaining and submitting student work.
Materials and Supplies
Black erasable ink pen
Loose leaf paper
Folder w/prongs or 3 ring binder
· No food, candy, or gum in the computer lab.
· Remain seated until dismissed by the teacher.
You must have an Acceptable Use Policy form on file giving permission to use the Internet in the classroom and agreement to abide by all County Internet policies.
If work is submitted from home, all files must be saved in a format compatible with Microsoft Office Professional (.docx, .xlsx, .pptx, .accdb) or Adobe (.pdf). Work in other formats can not be opened for scoring.
Code of Conduct
Classroom/Computer Lab Rules