Physical Education II Syllabus
Instructor: Coach Lansche
Semester: Fall 2019
- Course Description
- Description/Rationale: This class is designed to provide students with the opportunity to explore and understand the benefits of speed/Agility/strength training for team sports. The students will participate in various physical activities and learn a variety of fitness habits that promote a healthy lifestyle. This class is designed to meet the physical, mental, and social needs of the whole student. The primary objectives are to improve athleticism, increase knowledge and skills of team sports, and develop awareness of health practices.
- Intended Audiences: This class is intended for 9th-12th graders.
- Course requirements
- Dress out for class and participate in the class activity each day. (T-shirt, shorts and proper footwear) Students must change clothes due to hygiene requirements.
- Each student will be required to participate in agility, speed and strength training daily.
- Each student will be expected to participate in various drills and team sport concepts daily.
- Supply List: Athletic clothes and footwear, 3 ring binder, writing utensil
III. Class Rules
- Students are required to dress out for class. (T-shirt, shorts and proper footwear) Students must change clothes due to hygiene requirements.
- Students must be in their assigned area on the gym floor before the tardy bell rings. After two tardies, you will be assigned detention.
- Students are expected to respect themselves, their teacher, and classmates.
- Students are expected to take care of all Physical Education equipment. Includes: Pulling or hanging on the basketball rims. Kicking any type of ball not made for kicking.
- Students are not allowed to go into the locker rooms without teacher permission. All students must stay in the gym unless I give them permission.
- Students are not allowed to bring food or drinks (except bottle water) into the gym. Students are not allowed to eat candy or gum during PE class.
- If you are sick and cannot participate for the day, he/she must have a letter of excuse from a parent or guardian. The student will be responsible for an alternate assignment.
- In the event of an extended illness, injury, students will be responsible for providing a doctor’s excuse to the teacher and will then be expected to complete an alternate assignment.
- Students will be allowed 8 minutes to change from school clothes to PE clothes. Failure to follow this rule will result in tardiness.
- Cell phones are not allowed to be used during class. Pictures/videos with cell phones are not allowed anytime at school.
- Other offenses will be taken care of in class or referred to the office deemed necessary by the teacher.
*The instructor reserves the right to modify rules and consequences.
- Physical Education II Procedures
- After role is taken you will be given 8 minutes to dress out. Any student who is not in the gym after 8 minutes will be considered late.
- We will do agility/speed work at the beginning of class and then stretch as a group.
- Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays: Strength/core training, Team sports concepts. Tuesday and Thursdays: Speed/Agility/Vertical training, Team sports concepts.
- At the end of the class, you will be given 8 minutes to dress out and be back in the gym before the bell rings.
- Dressing out 50%
- Class participation 40%
- Skill test 10%
* Exam counts 1/3rd of final grade
VII. Grading scale
- 50- below
* The instructor reserves the right to modify course requirements and assignments