STUDENT PREPARATION TO ENTER AND EXIT THE SCHOOL BUS DAILY
AT THE DESIGNATED STOP:
- Students must wait for the bus 6ft apart from one another. Face masks must be worn.
- Pre-K, Kindergarten, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade students MUST BE ACCOMPANIED DAILY at the bus stop by a parent, responsible adult, or parent designee.
NOTE: If the thermometer will not read the temperature the driver will ask a series of screening questions.
1). Screen - Student's temperature will be checked (with a digital temporal thermometer) OR student will be asked a series of symptom screening questions. (If temp is no higher than 100.0 student will proceed to their assigned seat)
Do you have any of the following:
- Fever, chills
- Sore Throat
- Congestion, runny nose
- Shortness of breath, difficulty breathing
- New cough
- New loss of taste or smell
- Nausea, vomiting or diarrhea
SCREENING PROCEDURES (PER CHILD BOARDING THE BUS)
If a child has any of these symptoms, they should go home, stay away from other people, and the family member should call the child's health care provider.
* Taken from StrongSchoolsNC: Public Health Toolkit (K-12) Interim Guidance Published June 8, 2020; Updated September 4, 2020
- No face mask, No transportation
- Do NOT send a pre-k through 5th grade student back to their home without them being accompanied by a parent, guardian, or parent designee. If a child has symptoms and there is no parent/guardian/designee present, take the studen to the school for isolation. The school will contact the family for pick-up.
- Students in grades 6-12 presenting one or more symptoms will not be transported to school by bus. They are to return home and the driver will notify the Transportation Supervisor at the school that the student was returned to the home.
- There will be NO ALTERNATE bus stops and NO STOP APPEALS this school year. Only the bus stop as indicated on the route sheet will be honored.
- In the PM, students in grades pre-k and Kindergarten MUST be picked up by a parent/guardian/or designee. Students in grades 1 and 2 MAY be released without a parent or guardian ONLY IF there is a waiver on file. (A copy of the waiver should remain on the bus.) Students in grades 3 and up may be released without supervision in the PM.
2). Isolate: If the student fails a screening the PreK-5th grade student will be given back to the accompanying parent, adult, or designee to return home. 6-12 grade students failing the screening would return home unaccompanied.
3). Notify: (For grade 6-12 students) Driver will notify the Transportation Supervisor at the child's school. The school will then call a parent to notify them of their child's status.
ON THE BUS:
- PreK-12 students MUST wear a face mask before entering the bus daily. Students without a face mask will be denied transportation for that specific run.
- Students will enter and follow this process to and from school:
ARRIVAL AT THE BUS STOP
As you arrive to each bus stop, students should be:
- Waiting 6 feet apart
- Wearing Face Masks
- Accompanied by a parent, responsible adult, or parent designee (grades Prek-5)
BOARDING THE BUS
As students enter the bus, they will:
- Sanitize hands
- Go through screening process
- Proceed to their assigned seat (loading from the back to the front in AM)
1) NO Alternate or APPEAL requests for transportation will be accepted for the 2020-2021 school year. Only the bus stop as initally indicated on the route sheet will be honored.
2) NO face mask, NO transportation. The face maks MUST be work at all times.
3) Students will have an assigned seat that they must sit in daily. Refusal to follow this process will be grounds for termination of transportation.
4) Students in grades 6-12 presenting one or more symptoms will NOT be transported to school by bus. They are to return home and the driver will notifiy the Transportation
Supervisor at the school that the student was returned to the home.
5) In the PM, students in grades PreK and Kindergarten MUST be picked up by a parent/guardian/or designee. Students in grades 1 and 2 MAY be released without a parent or
guardian ONLY IF there is a waiver on file. (A copy of the waiver should remain on the bus.) Students in grades 3 and up may be released without supervision in the PM.
DRIVER DAILY RESPONSIBILITIES