Bus driver training is available for the following:
- Individuals currently employed with Craven County Schools
- Teacher assistant applicants, and
- Non-employees who wish to drive for Craven County Schools
The Registration Process:
1. Complete the NC.TeacherMatch.org.
2. If you have not held a NC Driver’s License for at least the previous 5 years, you must obtain your out of state driving records.
3. Contact Transportation Department at 252-514-6377 to enroll in class, and you will be instructed when to visit the department to complete further paperwork.
Bus Driver Training Classes are generally conducted three or four times a year and are scheduled by the local DMV Trainer. Once a class is scheduled, we will notify the Bus Driver Supervisor at each school with the class details. Please contact the Bus Garage at 252-514-6377 for more information.