Craven Community College Students,
Beginning Tuesday, March 31, the great majority of Craven Community College’s curriculum classes will be moved completely online, and will remain so for the rest of the Spring semester. The College’s physical campuses will remain closed to students and the public except by appointment. I commend our talented faculty for making this transition on such short notice. Many classes will transfer to our primary Moodle on-line system, while some instructors may be utilizing a combination of learning platforms such as Zoom, YouTube, email, and others.
All students are encouraged to check their student email account as soon as possible for updates from instructors on how to proceed in their new online learning environment. For assistance in logging into student email, students can visit http://cravencc.edu/pantherid/student-email/. Students who do not have internet access at home may be eligible for discounted broadband services.
Unfortunately, many of our classes that require hands-on skills instruction cannot be transitioned online. Continuation of these courses is being managed by the faculty on a case by case basis in accordance with the type of instruction that must be made up and the allowable protocols for doing so.
- Workforce development classes that require hands-on instruction cannot be transitioned to online; these courses have been postponed indefinitely. Students enrolled in workforce development classes should contact 252-444-8204 for more information on the status of specific classes.
- Students in curriculum industrial program classes should contact their instructors for additional information regarding options for making up missed classes to include hands-on labs.
- Students in curriculum health programs classes should contact their instructors for additional information regarding options for making up missed classes to include clinicals.
The College will continue to send updates, via email and social media, with more information as it becomes available. Our College team is working diligently to develop new ways to help students finish Spring semester classes, register for future classes, obtain financial aid, and graduate; these plus other concerns all of us will have as we traverse this very new educational environment.
Individual course instructors are serving as the primary points of contact for student questions and concerns. However, the College has many additional Academic Support and Student Services resources available to assist them:
- Student Help Desk – https://help.cravencc.edu
- Online Support – http://cravencc.edu/distance-learning
- Library Services – firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- Tutoring– https://outlook.office365.com/owa/calendar/AcademicSupportCenter@cravencc.edu/bookings/
- Academic Advising – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Financial Aid and Scholarships – email@example.com
- Class Withdrawal – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Help for TRiO Participants – email@example.com
- Help for Connect-2-Success Participants – firstname.lastname@example.org
- ADA Accommodations – email@example.com
Our College has weathered adversity before, most recently just 18 months ago following Hurricane Florence. We draw strength knowing we’ve overcome such challenges. Together we’ll overcome today’s challenges as well. We are #CravenPantherStrong!
Dr. Ray Staats