New Hire Process/Onboarding
New Hire Process
At the conclusion of the interview process the principal or supervisor submits their recommendation for hire to Human Resources. A criminal background check and the submission of the employee health certificate and TB test are required before you are scheduled for the onboarding meeting. Please understand that the New Hire forms are NOT needed until AFTER you have been contacted to schedule onboarding.
Onboarding is designed to give new employees a preview of the school system's policies and requirements and to complete the necessary employment paperwork. New employees have the opportunity to ask any questions they need answered. Employees will also be submitting required paperwork for the new hire process during this meeting (listed below).
New Hire Forms
- Employee Profile Sheet
- Background Check Forms
- NC-4 EZ
- W2 Electronic Consent
- Optional 12 Month Installment Pay Election (only eligible for employees who start before the first day of school)
- Direct Deposit (with a voided check or letter from the bank)
- Salary Supplement Prepayment Agreement
- Policy 7500 Workday and Overtime
- Technology Responsible Use Form and Policy
- Health Benefits Acknowledgement Form
- Verification of Previous Work Experience
- Employee Health Certificate
- Bloodborne Pathogens/Communicable Diseases Form
- Claiming Your NCEd Cloud Account
- Employee Portal Information
- Updated General Information
Other New Hire Documents
- State Employee Benefits Manual
- New Teacher Orientation Notebook (for teachers only)
- Education Express Discount Booklet
- Who's Who List - Who to Contact at Central Services
Frequently Asked Questions about Orientation are listed below:
What should I bring?
- Appropriate identification for completion of the federal Employment Eligibility Verification Form (I-9). You will need to bring original forms of your identification documents, no photocopies or faxed copies
- An original Social Security card for payroll purposes (no copies). If you do not have your social security card, you will need to apply for one at the local Social Security Administration Office located at 1420 McCarthy Boulevard New Bern, NC 28562. You may reach the Social Security Administration by calling 1-800-772-1213.
- A voided check for direct deposit
- Completed New Hire forms (see list above)
Where do I report for the onboarding?
3600 Trent Road, New Bern, NC 28562
Where can I get a physical and TB test for my Health Certificate? Who pays for this exam?
Any health care provider, including the local Health Department, walk-in clinic, or your family doctor may be able to administer a TB test and complete the physical form for you. The fee is the responsibility of the employee.
Can I email or mail the New Hire forms to you prior to orientation?
Yes, you may email your paperwork to the Licensure Specialist that contacts you for orientation or mail to Craven County Schools, 3600 Trent Road Road, New Bern, NC 28562.
What is your fax number?
The fax number is (252) 514-6352
Who do I contact regarding benefits?
Terry Dixon, (252) 514-6375, firstname.lastname@example.org