Provisional License Requirements

  • License areas can be added provisionally to existing, not-expired, teaching license or for student support services areas. Pre-requisites may be required for some of these areas so make contact with the licensure office for specific requirements.

    Provisional licenses are issued on a year by year basis for a maximum of three years in some areas and five years in other areas.  The educator must either pass the State required test to clear the provisional and/or complete a plan of study issued by an accredited college/university.

    A provisional license expires annually and the HR Department will request a license extension for the next year if the educator continues to qualify for the provisional area. Upon completion of the program, the college/university will recommend clearing the provisional license to DPI or HR Licensure Specialist will handle.
    A provisional license application requires the employee to pay a non-refundable licensure processing fee of $60 made payable by VISA or MasterCard.

Licensure Specialist